Saturday, April 5, 2014

hello, studio.........


Today the stars all lined up. I had absolutely nothing pressing to take care of, and I was able to walk out to my studio at 10am and there I stayed until 6pm!
It's been a year since I worked out here..... wtf?!


Just like riding a bike. I threw a few bowls, started out with three pounds and ended with 6 pounds and then my wrists and upper arms were screaming. I didn't realize what good shape my arms were in when I was throwing all the time. Gotta get back in shape! I stuck with the simplest thing I know how to throw, just to warm up and remind myself what this clay thing is all about. That way I didn't get pissed off immediately and I enjoyed the day, getting to know my studio all over again. It's been awhile....


Stuff......


More stuff.......

Books from thrift stores and second hand book stores


and a dirty wheel, what could be better?!

I agreed to donate a bowl to my friend Trish, a great potter here in Chatham County and a hard worker for the local food bank. She had asked for a donation for the Empty Bowls fundraiser and I told her I didn't do functional pottery, then she suggested a raku bowl for the auction. Well, heck, I can do that! So hopefully one of these bowls will go to the C.O.R.A. auction, shhhh, don't tell them though, if they don't know, they will survive the firing and be beautiful. If they find out, they will kill themselves!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

your bowls are beautiful, and I love that little ladder. I hope your arms are ok tomorrow!

Dennis Allen said...

The joy of making beats the pressure of making hands down.Always like your bowls. Glad you had fun.

cookingwithgas said...

Joy! Spring and bowls are joy!

Vicki said...

You throw beautiful bowls, Tracey. I've always liked them.
And, of course, they will look stunning glazed.
Have fun!

Melissa Rohrer said...

Hello arms! And wrists, and back.

Trish said...

Happy to see you back in your studio, Tracey.. Thanks for the look around..stuff.... we love our stuff. It is what makes the space comfortable. Yay, on the bowls.. As others said: JOY!. T.

Lori Buff said...

It looks like you did really well after a year off. I'll bet your arms are sore and your heart is happy.

Michèle Hastings said...

Was it really a year since you worked in clay?! The bowls look great. I hope they inspire you to get back at it.

Tracey Broome said...

Hi all:
Thanks for the cheers! It was great to be back in the studio, glad to know I haven't lost all skills, just a bit rusty. And yes, I was sore yesterday! good sore though..... it really has been a year since I threw, time flies, whooosh!

Sandy Miller said...

Haha!! AWESOME!!! cannot wait to get in my studio!!